Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Work off that Turkey!

Do you have a plan on how to make it through the holidays without putting on weight?  PCL has a great selection of DVDs to keep you active when the weather outside turns frightful.  Here's my take on several I've tried:

Ultimate Tae Bo - this is a long, intense workout that will have you dripping with sweat, and in great appreciation of Blanks and the crowd who works out with him on this DVD.  I can't keep up with the speed, but this one is fun and you know you're burning calories.
Yoga Meltdown with Jillian Michaels - Did you think yoga was relaxing?  I didn't think so of this Jillian Michaels version.  Watch out for some of these moves.  I did more than one face plant during this workout.  I'm not writing off this one (or yoga in general) off yet, though.
Fashion your body with Pilates - I really like this workout, but even after months of Pilates, I can't make the moves look as easy and smooth as on this program.
Leslie Sansone's walk and kick - This is a bit easier than some of Leslie's other walking-at-home routines, but I was expecting more aggressive kicks tae bo style.  This is great if you're just getting started in an exercise routine.  I love Leslie's workouts for raising the heartrate and getting the body in motion.
Dancing with the stars cardio dance - This DVD looks so fun...however it was laughable as I tried to do these steps.  Despite good directions from the dance instructors, I am hopelessly uncoordinated.  Consequently I cannot Cha Cha or Samba (sigh).  But I have learned how to untie my shoelaces by stepping on my own feet.

No hula for me...
 Island Girl Cardio hula - This is a fabulous concept and looks so easy.  I suppose it would be if I had any coordination.  I'm not ready for the islands.
Invitation to Dance: Line dancing - This was so much fun.  Even though I could only coordinate about half the moves, this was the only dance DVD I thought I might have an iota of potential with.  I'll be working with this one over the Thanksgiving holiday.
Keep your routines interesting and varied and stick with it through the holidays...you'll be able to have another slice of apple pie or a few more sugar cookies without gaining a pound (who really cares about turkey anyway?).

1 comment:

  1. hmmm. I'm not going to the gym as much and while I do have some workout tapes that I like, I am going to have to "mix it up". Maybe a trip (after black friday) to pick up a Jillian or Billy "kick my booty" tape ?? Thanks for the info.
    ps great blog, miss you!!

    ReplyDelete