Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What's new cupcake?

I've been baking again - this time for my son's 4th birthday.  I turned to What's new cupcake? (by Karen Tack & Alan Richardson) for my latest birthday treat creation.  Some might remember I whipped up waves, fish, and twinkie sharks for my daughter's summer birthday [from the author's earlier book Hello cupcake! See blog photos].  My son loves cars and this Indy car was easy to make.  Well, easier than the melted icing dipped Twinkie sharks.  The only alterations I made to the book directions were not using the pretzel stick to anchor the driver's head (I just placed it directly on the frosting), and I changed the car number to 0 4 to match my son's age.  There are super cute ideas for the upcoming holidays in these books as well.  Check them out!


2 comments: