Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Waiting for Superman

After watching this documentary over the weekend, I felt it just added to the bleak state of current affairs.  Waiting for Superman shows why America's schools are failing and why we are falling behind other developed nations in educating our youth. This was fraught with meaning for me as I am contemplating moving from one school district to another.  It made me think my second grader doesn't have a chance no matter where she goes to school.  Even the so called "better" districts may not be offering a great education, just in nicer surroundings than the inner city schools.  The point I think everyone who watches Waiting for Superman will take away from it is that failure to lay the educational foundation for students has lasting results for the future.  To parody a song phrase 'the future is not looking so bright, so take off the shades.'

No comments:

Post a Comment