Monday, September 13, 2010

I love cake...


Chocolate is really my favorite, but anytime there is birthday cake, count me in for a piece.  With the kids back to school and providing snacks for their activities, and scouting, and holiday parties, I suggest the new book What's new cupcake?  or Tack & Richardson's first book Hello Cupcake!  Both books offer detailed instructions for decorating themed cupcakes (a great alternative to cake, but with the same great taste!).  The tempting color pictures look too perfect to actually be food.  Visit The Hello Cupcake Blog.


I am sure some of the recipes are more difficult than others, but the one I tried for my daughter's birthday last month (Shark Pool, below) was surprisingly simple, although time-consuming.  Be forewarned, it took me 6 hours to decorate these cupcakes.  My son's birthday is next month and he asked for cupcakes...I've chosen a design from What's new cupcake? and will post pics of the completed project.  Be on the lookout next month for a new baking book in PCL's collection Cake Pops (yes, they are lollipops made of cake).

Gina's shark cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment