Friday, August 6, 2010

Chain Reaction

                           

The Mummy (1999)                Indiana State University Library (2010)
(after Evie knocks down the library shelves)
Curator Terrence Bey: Oh look at this! Sons of the pharaohs! Give me frogs! Flies, locusts! Anything but you. Compared to you the other plagues were a joy!

Evie: I'm so very sorry, it was an accident.

Curator Terrence Bey: An accident? My dear girl, when Rameses destroyed Syria, that was an accident, you are a catastrophe! Look at my library! Why do I put up with you?

Evie: Well, you put up with me because I can read and write in ancient Egyptian, decipher hieroglyphics and hieratics... and well (getting angry) I am the only person within five thousand miles who can properly code and catalogue this library, that's why!
 
Even The Mummy's Evie looks stunned, although she is one cool librarian.   Thought it couldn't really happen?  Well, it did!  The Indiana State University Library's work crews accidentally toppled library shelves in a domino fashion spilling some 25,000 books which will need to be reshelved.  Full article is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment