Thursday, August 19, 2010

The September Issue

I recently watched The September Issue which is focused around Vogue's Editor-in-chief Anna Wintour.  It gives an interesting fly-on-the-wall view into the world of high fashion.  I'm a big fan of Project Runway (I love the contestants' creativity) and saw some of the same characteristics of the industry shown in this documentary.  Vogue's thickest issue is September, a beginning to a new fashion year.  This documentary shows the push and pull between Vogue executives, staffers, photographers, and designers in the scramble to put out the most cutting edge fashion resource. Cover celebrities and models so in the spotlight on the glossy pages do not even play minor roles in the production process.   I found this highly entertaining, although everyone in The September Issue seemed so tall, I would have been likened to a small fry on the wall.  Although the library does not have a subscription to Vogue, I will have a copy of the 2010 September issue at the reference desk for in-library use.

No comments:

Post a Comment