Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Early Holiday Shopping

I tend to be very organized (a good trait for a librarian) and always start my holiday shopping in the summer months.  I've gotten some great deals since I started in July.  When I say shopping, I don't actually mean physical shopping.  I buy almost everything online.  When you order six months early there's no worry about the gift not arriving in time or having to pay for express delivery.  So make your list early and check out some of these deals I've snagged in the past 6 weeks.
Meritline.com - has different deals everyday.  I recently paid .79 cents (including shipping!) for an animal themed computer keyboard cleaning brush.  Sign up to have their deals sent directly to your inbox.   An example of one of today's deals:  1-LED Rotating Mini Clip Lamp for .39 cents (and that includes shipping!)

Woot.com - one day, one deal - Each day beginning at midnight woot offers a single item until it is sold out.  There is also shirt woot, kids woot, and wine woot.
National Geographic store online - Right now is offering 20% off on all books.  Also check the DVDs on sale.  I recently got several copies of March of the Penguins at $3.95.  (If you haven't seen this documentary, buy it for yourself!)

bookcloseouts.com - Thinking of buying books as gifts?  This site has some deeply discounted prices.  They are running a special deal on a selection of children's books for .99 cents & summer fiction paperbacks for $1.99.  One of their new arrivals is The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 4) for $2.99 and another, The bookseller of Kabul is priced at $4.49.  Their quantities are limited and selection changes daily as items are sold out, so buy it when you see it or it might be gone.

If you're buying for me, I'd like a nook from Barnes & Noble.  eBooks from PCL's netLibrary can be downloaded for free!  See my previous blog on netLibrary.

Happy bargin hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment