Sunday, August 8, 2010

Pilates

So, I had my first private Pilates class this week and I'm going back for more.  I had viewed some videos and read up on the history of Pilates and the basic program, but I felt I needed someone to show me the correct body positioning and feedback on proper form.  Susan at Pilates of the Lehigh Valley was awesome!  The studio is really bright and I'm hoping to join a class there in the fall.  It's said that in 10 Pilates sessions you will feel better...I already felt better the day after!  If you're curious, check out these PCL resources or ask me for my opinion (we all know I have an opinion on nearly everything!)

DVDs
Fashion your body with Pilates
Peel off the pounds Pilates
Pilates conditioning for weight loss

Books
Pilates:  Body in motion by Alycea Ungaro (recommended by Susan at Pilates of the LV)
The Pilates body:  Ultimate at home guide by Brooke Siler
Standing pilates: Strengthen and tone your body wherever you are by Joan Breibart.
The Pilates powerhouse: The perfect method of body conditioning for strength, flexibility, and the shape you have always wanted in less than an hour a day by Mari Winsor
Pilates workbook: Illustrated step-by-step guide to matwork techniques by Michael King

No comments:

Post a Comment