Monday, March 7, 2011

Spring Cleaning

I've been spring cleaning for a few weeks now.  I'm trying to organize what I do use and reduce the amount of things that just no longer serve a logical function.  A lot of the April magazine issues arriving have tips to help with spring cleaning.  In the April issue of Ladies Home Journal I found some great ideas (see the de-cluttering article here which names digitizing websites) for reducing the volume of stuff I own.  It recommends digitizing documents and recipes (I clip a lot, but it doesn't mean I use them).  I am definitely going to check out converting  photos onto DVDs.  This is a great idea, as I really hate the shoeboxes of photos hanging around in my closets that for sentimental reasons I can't bring myself to throw away.  I'm imagining all the extra space I'm going to claim in my closets and storage chests.  And the less stuff I'll have to move when I have to move closer to work to avoid spending my whole paycheck on gas!

No comments:

Post a Comment