Friday, March 4, 2011

The Week

If you are going to read a news magazine every week, I highly recommend The Week.  It was first published in 2001 and carries the tagline 'All you need to know about everything that matters.'  It is sort of like a condensed version of the Sunday New York Times and covers all areas from politics to the arts. In short articles, compiled from global newspapers, magazines and online media, it gives the concise version of current events.  I especially like the World at a Glance feature which has short paragraphs of international news plus points the locations out on a map.  I was a heavy CNN watcher, but when I decided to go cable-free in my home, I found The Week among other news sources to catch me up on the smaller CNN stories I might not have caught during my workout time at the gym.  Do I go to the gym to workout or watch CNN?  Well, it's really convenient to do both simultaneously.  I'm not sure which I look forward to more.  In any regard, try The Week.  In about an hour of reading it cover to cover you'll be able to confidently discuss current events and the state of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment