Sunday, March 27, 2011

Why to drink organic milk

April's Health magazine features a guide on '11 Things it's best to buy organic' and milk is one of them.  I have to say since trying organic milk, I will never go back to regular milk.  I think the organic tastes just like the milk I used to drink as a kid.  The flavor is richer and it goes down smoother.  And it doesn't have to be whole milk either.  Organic comes in 2%, 1%, and skim (I usually buy the 2%) and all of them are just as good for drinking straight as in a nice cup of tea.  The main reason Health gives in favor of organic milk:
Organic milk is free of the hormone rBST, given to dairy cows which increases their milk production.  Studies show it may not be good for humans, though, leading to increased health risks.
Why take the risk?  Organic milk tastes better and it's truly worth the extra cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment